Posted by Meg
Check in with Peat has he travels to World Fantasy and finishes the final revisions on The Skull Throne.
- @PVBrett – Why the hell isn’t there an emoji for shrugging? Who makes these decisions, anyway? They’ve got a lot of explaining to do.
- @PVBrett – Injustice online players quail before Arlen Bales, Demon of Battle:http://t.co/anJ1WBXqte
- @PVBrett – Heading to the World Fantasy Con in DC(ish) this afternoon. Guess I should pack. I’ll be writing #SkullThrone on the train. Bad timing, WFC!
- @PVBrett – Thanks to everyone who came to my reading at World Fantasy! Hiding in my room to work a on #SkullThrone a bit before evening festivities.
- @PVBrett – Went to the hotel gym with @wes_chu. What has my life become?
- @PVBrett – Someone mistook @MykeCole for a waiter. He was not amused.http://t.co/5Rc5PLBH70
- @PVBrett – Honored to accept a World Fantasy Award in behalf if @subpress! So deserved! http://t.co/pzGWaY3YDi
- @PVBrett – Cassie & I enjoying Lego Batman: DC Superheroes iPad game. Plenty of female heroes to play… if you pay extra in-app for the privilege.
- @PVBrett – When games make you pay extra in-app or otherwise jump through hoops to unlock female PC’s, it’s like charging tax on being a girl.
- @PVBrett – Working on a death scene for ?#?SkullThrone? & actually made myself tear up. Alas, poor [redacted]. You will be missed.
- @PVBrett – .@DiceBagGames It’s my job to make characters you love and then hurt them.
- @PVBrett – Creator, I am an idiot. I know how to fix this chapter. It was staring me right in the fucking face. ?#?SkullThrone?
- @PVBrett – With the death of [redacted], creative work on ?#?SkullThrone? is now complete. Need the weekend to accept changes & manuscript goes in Monday.
- @PVBrett – Cass & a girlfriend at school like Star Wars. Sad reminder there are never 2 women in Star Wars unless one is saying “Many Bothans died…”
- @PVBrett – People always ask to beta read so they can read a book sooner, but betas get a version that is significantly weaker than the final draft.
- @PVBrett – Ding! Dong! The draft is done!
Which old draft?
The ?#?SkullThrone? draft!
Ding! Dong! The Skull Throne draft is done!
- @PVBrett – That feeling when you wake up in the morning and your book is done and off to the publisher.
The Skull Throne will be released in March in the U.S./U.K. with translations to follow. Pre-order the U.S. edition from Random House today.