Posted by Meg
Caroline, who has made some pretty fantastic fan art in the past, entered the Wear Your Wards Contest with this awesome necklace enclosed in a warded wooden box. Check it out.
Here is what she has to say about her entry:
A simple wooden box, originally birch painted with acrylic paint and a coat of varnish. The little cushion on the inside is handmade, from felt and hours of trying to figure out how to stitch a ward in there. The necklace is only a sample of what could be put in the box. I made it years ago and added wards on it for the “wear” part. But really, it’s the box. The box is what I wanted to make.
Beautifully crafted and created. I would love to ear that warded necklace and the white painted wards look stunning against the wood.
There are still a couple days left and lots of prizes to win! Check out the guidelines for the contest and get your entry in by Saturday at 11: 59pm.
Posted by Meg
Peat’s running all kinds of contests these days from haiku reviews to punching innocent kitties and babies in face. Check out what else he’s been posting about.
- @PVBrett - Spend today’s writing time working on #skullthrone, or trying to find a new way to say where I got the idea for Warded Man? #decisions
- @PVBrett - Just got a whole box of Great Bazaars! Should I give some away? http://t.co/uR8ervsjyn
- @PVBrett - Just promised someone that if they sent me a pic of them punching a kitten, I would send them a Great Bazaar. I may regret this.
- @PVBrett - Whenever I mention elves Cassie asks if I mean high elves or wood elves. Nice to see increased racial sensitivity in the younger generation.
- @PVBrett - Doing my best Arlen impression after the Messenger came with an awesome gift: http://t.co/xdnlBgX44p
- @PVBrett - Get lots of messages telling me to hurry up. Most get a pained sigh. Some annoy me. A rare few make me laugh: http://t.co/M5IfDpPJe9
- @PVBrett - Interesting blue Sonja article at http://t.co/x3A1adv5HG. Mentions me!
- @PVBrett - Such a great book. RT @suvudu: $0.99 Read: His Majesty’s Dragon by @naominovik http://t.co/daw4aryFau
- @PVBrett - Today’s Skull Throning written to a big playlist of Polish music suggested by one of the friends I made at Polcon 2012 in Wroclaw.
- @PVBrett - Skull Throne, stage 1, detach! Stepsheet finalized. Now on to prose. #skullthrone
- @PVBrett - Me: Ha-ha! I stole a kiss! Cassie: No you didn’t! You gave it to me! Lawyered by my own kid.
- @PVBrett - Haven’t read Facebook Phantom, but author Suzanne Sangi cites Desert Spear in her 3 fav books, so she has good taste:http://t.co/fCkniEPUgy
- @PVBrett - Daylight War holds at #16 after 8 weeks on German Der Spiegel Bestseller List. Thanks Germany for making me the David Hasselhoff of fantasy!
- @PVBrett - The @comixology office has conference rooms with names like “Enterprise” & “Tardis”. Also, chalkboard wall! http://t.co/xFNURqxl7N
- @PVBrett - May the 4th haters are becoming as annoying as its proponents. Apathy, people. It’s good for your zen.
- @PVBrett - Ah, the first bloom of springtime, when the very air becomes a toxic fume. http://t.co/q07RPci2a7
- @PVBrett - Today’s moment of WTF, Han Solo fighting a giant ferret: http://t.co/IXQQooyKjd
- @PVBrett - Red Sonja: Unchained #4 cover pencils by Walter Geovani.
- @PVBrett - Meg has unpacked & stacked all the Great Bazaars I need to sign & number for Goldsboro books. We could build a fort: http://t.co/TVKOoenSe2
- @PVBrett - Spent 5 hours last night trying to get Inevera to share stage time with Leesha. The ladies were… uncooperative. Net: 705 words.
- @PVBrett - The problem with progressively ramping up the magic system with each book is the temptation to solve all the characters problems with magic.
- @PVBrett - Win8/surface ads: “That stuff you love on your iPad? We can do it too! No, really! Plus: Word! And that social media thing you heard about!”
- @PVBrett - Got off the subway at 47/50th St. And came up inside the lobby of the Simon & Schuster building. I am deep behind enemy lines…
You can always check out what’s going in real time on Peat’s Twitter and Facebook.
And don’t forget to enter the current Wear Your Wards Contest! Open through May 25th.
Posted by Meg
We get some pretty fantastic fan art every week, which Peat always shares on his Twitter and Facebook. This week, a beautiful portrait of Leesha appeared … drawn by 14 year old Zuzanna from Poland.
Gorgeous! Feels like Leesha at the beginning of The Warded Man. Amazing job, Zuzanna.
Only a few days left to enter the Wear Your Wards Contest to win prizes and get featured on the blog! Deadline for entries is May 25th at 11:59pm.
Posted by Meg
One Facebook, fan Katie has been creating some pretty awesome Demon Cycle fan art lately. Check it out.
First, she posted this action-packed scene of Arlen and One-Arm duking it out.
Amazing detail! Katie perfectly captures the moment when one arm becomes, well, one-armed.
Then, she above and beyond with her new imaginings of a flame demon gathering …
Awesome! Seriously demonic and terrifying. My favorite part is all the flame demons in the background. When I first saw this picture, I thought they were flames. This is one of those moments you realize how happy you are NOT to live in a fantasy world.
And then she went for something a bit different: the very first time Arlen tastes couzi!
Absolutely hilarious. The expressions are priceless and the detail is wonderful. Billed on Facebook as a “quick sketch”, this definitely seems like a lot more!
And just the other day, this dramatic visual of Bruna saving Leesha from a wood demon cropped up.
From Bruna’s intense expression to the blast of fire, this picture is fantastic, showing again how awesome Katie is at creating these action-packed scenes. Seriously awesome job.
Feeling inspired? The Wear Your Wards Contest is going on now through May 25th! We’ve got some thrilling prizes, so get creating!
Posted by Meg
We love pictures of Arlen, and this one is no exception. Fresh from a night of hunting corelings, Arlen bares it all.
Collage done by Cupidissimo on Deviant Art. One of my favorite things about his picture is how Arlen’s hand is dissapating into the sun as it rises over Thesa.
And as if that wasn’t enough, we have that other guy who thinks he’s the deliverer impaling a wind demon with Kaji’s spear. One word: epic.
Don’t forget to enter the Wear Your Wards Contest to win Warded Man hardcovers and Great Bazaar and Brayan’s Golds. Get your entries in by May 25, 2013 at 11:59pm.